Post-Decree Modifications

Coon Rapids Divorce Attorney

Even after a divorce has been finalized, it may be necessary to bring a motion to modify certain elements of the divorce decree. Child custody and child support may need to be modified if either party experiences a substantial change in circumstances. If you need to make a motion for modification, Mary Baskfield is an experienced divorce attorney who can let you know whether a modification may be appropriate in your case.

Experienced Post-Decree Modification Lawyer

There are different types of post-decree motions that can be filed. They include:

  • Parenting time modifications
  • Child support modifications
  • Custody modifications
  • Spousal maintenance modifications
  • Move out of state modifications
  • Contempt of court

Circumstances do change over time and that means that a modification of your divorce decree may be necessary. Perhaps the custodial parent would like to move out of state because they have secured a job that increases their income potential. In order to move the child out of Minnesota, they have to file a motion and the court has to ensure that such a move would be in the best interests of the child. The wants of the noncustodial parent are also considered. This is an example of a change that may require modification of parenting time, child support, and even spousal maintenance.

Contact A Coon Rapids Divorce Attorney

If you have a post-decree modification issue Baskfield Law Office can help! To learn more, call 763-300-6054 for a free consultation.